Here are three MORE exciting ways for you to move forward on your path to publication. Please see below and simply click on the links provided to find out more …
Registration is now open!
- NEW! March 30, 2014: Meditation/Yoga for writers/illustrators with Laurie Calkhoven & Mimi Cross. Back by popular demand! Limited space. Only 20 spots available. Click HERE for more details.
- NEW! Sat/Sun, April 12&13: MG/YA Retreat with special guest editor Heather Alexander (Dial BFYR) and MG author Lizzie K. Foley. Submit up to 75 pages for a 45-minute one-on-one critique with Heather, plus hands-on workshop, peer groups, and more! Important Note: EARLY DEADLINE: Feb. 25 & only 8 spots available. Have your manuscript ready when you register for this event. Click HERE for more details.
- NEW! Sun, April 27: Picture Book Brunch with Executive Editor Meredith Mundy (Sterling), featuring bonus manuscript critique opportunity. Limited space. 20 spots available for attendees and only 12 spots available for critiques (first-come, first-serve). Click HERE for more details.
Reminder, there’s still space for these events:
- Weds., Feb. 26, 2014: Kidlit Social in Cherry Hill, NJ. Gather and get to know other kidlit lovers and chapter members in your neighborhood. FREE EVENT.Register HERE.
- Thurs., March 6, 2014: Kidlit Social in Hoboken, NJ. Another great way to meet with your peers and chat kid lit all night long! FREE EVENT. Register HERE.
- Sat., Mar. 8, 2014: What to Expect When You’re Expecting Penguins! A picture book talk with author/illustrator Melissa Guion. FREE EVENT. Register HERE.
- Sun, Mar. 9: NEW Illustrator Program: Evolution Resolution. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Click HERE for more details.
- Mar. 18-27: Art & Book exhibit for NJ published members. If you are a published NJ member and interested in participating, please click here.
- Thurs, Mar. 27: Art & Book exhibit closing reception. Scotch Plains Public Library, NJ—family and friends welcome! Details/register, click here.
DON’T FORGET: DEADLINES TODAY! 5 p.m. (EST)
Call For Conference Proposals: Are you interested in presenting at our Annual Summer Conference? We have limited spots available and looking for workshop presenters who inspire, inform—and push the edge of learning for our attendees. (Note: our terms have changed for 2014, so please read carefully before applying). Deadline: 5 p.m. FEB 14, 2014. To apply, click here.
Lucky Duck Scholarship: Are you a NJ SCBWI Member who needs a little financial help to attend this year’s conference? See if you’re eligible for our new scholarship program. Deadline: 5 p.m. FEB 14, 2014 . To apply, click here.